Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Journey - Part 2

This past week has allowed a much needed increase in appetite, regaining of strength and weight gain. (You most likely would never hear me say the words “much needed weight gain” in the same sentence—but for this season, the gain was welcomed!) Round two of my chemo will begin Monday morning throughout the week. I covet your prayers—first and foremost for controlled nausea. Now that I have round one behind me, we (my awesome medical staff and I) have a better game plan. Yeah and amen!
Another blessing in disguise was the liberating feeling of getting my head shaved this past week. By last Thursday, it was inevitable--and it was time. My church family embraced my new look by dubbing today "Do Rag" Sunday. It was a great time of support and precious prayer. Here are only a few of my wonderful supporters.
Do Rag Sunday Supporters
 I continue to be humbled by so many that have touched me and my family through your kind words, cards, visits, meals and most importantly, your prayers. Someone once told me that when you are on the receiving end and at a loss for words, all that needs to be said is a sincere thank you. I pray this “Thank You” comes through as genuine as it is meant to be.
The following is a continuation of my testimony from last week’s post The Journey - Part 1:

Obedience to God is an interesting thing. Once you release your own will to Him, God does miraculous things.
Later that week, my girlfriend, “T”, stopped by my office. She mentioned she had been praying about starting a bible study. My friend knew Fridays happen to be my day off and wondered if I’d be interested in attending a small study in her home. No big commitment, just a sweet time in the Lord. I remember “T” saying, “Please don’t think I’m crazy, but God kept putting you on my heart this week.” All I could remember thinking was, Well, you can call me crazy, but isn’t that just like God to show His incredible love by answering my heart cry from just a few days earlier? With tears in my eyes, I began to share with my friend of how I’d been wrestling with God over some obedience issues, and just that week, had finally stopped struggling with God. He knew in my busyness I needed a break from leading the ladies study and through my obedience to Him, He provided a refreshing replacement by sending my friend in the office that day. God is so incredibly good.
Well, let me just say that during the time with "T" on Fridays God truly blessed my socks off. Many times it was just the two of us. Our God-ordained study quickly grew into sharing personal prayer requests with each other. One, in particular, was a family member of hers, “E”, who had recently been diagnosed with cancer. Not only did we pray for God’s divine healing in his body, but more importantly, fervent prayers were said for his unbelieving soul. As we prayed each week, God began a work that was miraculous beyond anything my mind could ever imagine. The events that began to unfold brought me to a point where I recognized God’s true sovereignty. What I wasn't aware of was how His sovereignty would be experienced on an even more personal level—my own life.
I marvel at how the God of the universe has plans for each of us individually. When we think we can do life without God, ultimately it will be an epic fail. But with God, all things are possible through a true relationship with Him.
Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26
To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment