Thursday, August 22, 2013

This New Thing

Wow, what a journey I am on right now! If you are new to "me" and have not heard my story, then pull up a chair and a big glass of iced tea. This may take a while...or at least several posts.

Since my cancer diagnosis in 2012, I have been overwhelmed by wonderful people like you, telling me they have been praying for me. With the prompting of a dear friend, I recently sent out a Facebook / Email plea asking for serious prayer warriors who would be willing to pray for me -- specifically during cancer treatments, doctor appointments, or just rough days in general. Honestly, I was not expecting the massive response I received. It literally took days to soak in all the incredibly encouraging comments. And let's just say, there may have been a soaked Kleenex or two as I responded to each one with gratefulness.

This cancer thing is new to me. Not knowing what lies ahead in the days to come, and to simplify updating my prayer warriors, I was encouraged to begin a blog at the prodding of my daughter, Lindsay. I never imagined I would be a "blogger" of sorts, or have anything in particular that people would be interested in reading. I had written a few life events off the cuff now and then--but only on a whim or the occasional melancholy day. So after some serious prayer time...God began to reveal a bigger purpose for this blog and how He could use my testimony for His glory. That is so like God. I was reminded, as I am many times, it's not about me. And it's not about cancer. It's about a right relationship with the Lord.

Through this blog, I hope you will journey with me as I share how, just in these last few years, God has worked in my life. I will share my "hindsight" of seeing the hand of God weaving in my life, preparing me for this specific journey that I'm going through right now, and how He continues to show Himself -- Faithful and True. It's pretty incredible, actually. I will also be posting updates and prayer requests...and an occasional "silly" now and then.

Please know that your kind words continue to be an encouragement to me, and I am humbly honored by your fervent prayers in His name.
Jacque

19 comments:

  1. I am proud to be a prayer warrior and traveling this journey with you. I will hold you hand, your heart or just listen to you breathe. What ever is needed it will be given to and for you. God will carry you through this new venture, and if He gets busy, you have all your warriors. So glad to hear your surgery today went well. Praying for a restful nights sleep for you and Robert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a dear friend, Trudy! I am so incredibly blessed!

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere, girlie! I'm here for you, every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why didn't you tell me how fun blogging would be? Or maybe I wasn't listening... :) Love you!

      Delete
  3. GOOD JOB! After all you are one of my favorite Facebook writers. ;)
    I actually DO think you have a gift for writing. Keep it up.
    You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Love,
    Lori (AKA... your FACEBOOK BUDDY) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From one FB buddy to the other...you rock my socks off...and you "get" my humor, which is pretty darn awesome...or whacked...or both. ;) Love you girl and many thanks for the prayers!!!

      Delete
  4. How beautiful this is. Cancer or not, I think we will all learn so much from you. I am deeply touched and honored to know and love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Idesofmarch...please give me a hint on your "real name"....so I can smile next time I see you in person.

      Delete
    2. Had no idea it would come through with that name. It comes from the day I got married - March 15, you know, the "Beware of the Ides of March".
      Know that I am thinking of you daily and hope things go a little bit smoother than they are now.
      Love you,
      Your sister by proxy, thanks to your oldest sister,
      Cheryl

      Delete
  5. Love you sweet friend. I will humbly travel this journey with you....just let me know when your suitcase gets heavy so I can help you carry it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a true girlfriend...you can carry my suitcase next time we hit the Branson trail!!! Love you!!!

      Delete
  6. Prayers...you obviously have Maggie and mine!
    I look forward to hearing your insights. I have a feeling you will love blogging! LAD is right-your Facebooks posts are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave - and thank Maggie for me, as well. Bloggers unite!

      Delete
  7. Welcome to blogging - I love it! What a great way to let us all know how to pray specifically for you! Lifting you up even as you lift Him up in praise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you Rebecca--and what a joy and encouragement you are to me! God continues to be good!

      Delete
  8. Love this! Will continue praying for you and following you here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dena! I appreciate your prayers ALWAYS!!!

      Delete
  9. You are on our prayer list that is composed each Sunday with the many people we pray for throughout the week. I am humbled by our awesome God and the power that he shows us in even the quiet moments. I am truly blessed to be able to read your journey and you have an army of prayer warrriors that will be with you each step of the way.
    1 Col. 2:9 But as it is written, "what no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those that love him.
    Hugs my friend!
    Dawna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am honored by your prayers, Dawna! God bless YOU!

      Delete