Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Journey - Part 14

This past week I gave up my day job for awhile. It was a difficult decision for several reasons: It gave me a reason to get dressed every day. It allowed me to be around people that I love seeing. And it kept me active, thinking about others instead of myself. Cancer can be quite self-absorbing if you let it. And I have at times. Through the process of radiation, I get tired a lot easier and I think God was saying “Take care of yourself.” So please excuse me in the FBC office for a season as I do just so. J

Stick a Fork in It…I’m Done!
August 2013
I’m happy to report I have completed my official full nine week round of chemotherapy! Just when I thought I’d get a trophy, or something worthy of bragging rights, the medical team reminded me of the second part of the process. “You get a hiatus of about a month, then gear up for round 2: Seven weeks of Radiation with Chemo.” Oh joy.
I can honestly say this journey of cancer has been the hardest thing I have ever had to go through. Just when I would throw in the towel (believe me I did, more times than I care to admit), God, in His infinite mercy would prompt some amazing person to send me a text, email or card in the mail for encouragement. I can’t tell you how many times I bawled like a baby reading a comforting scripture, listening to the perfect song or receiving some inspiration from friends like you to lift my spirits. How people go through something like this without the power of praying people is beyond me. God has permanently etched more compassion in my heart, and I’ve already had opportunities to express empathy toward others.

It truly is all about relationships.
To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment