Sunday, March 2, 2014

Thank You, God

Medical update:
This week ushers in “the biggie”…aka the PET scan. After several months of successful healing from chemo and radiation treatments, the scheduled scan will determine if there is any cancer activity remaining in my body. So, my fellow warriors, I’d appreciate your prayers this Wednesday as I travel to Wichita for the 2–3 hour procedure. Results will be discussed during my follow-up appointment the week after. As always, I am amazed at God's hovering grace and peace…and of course the continued support from my wonderful prayer partners. Thank you, once again.

-----------------------------------------

As I sat in my living room typing this today, my eyes drifted over my laptop screen, gazing through the french doors into my backyard. I began to stare at our wooden deck where glistening ice had formed, along with a few spots of dusted snow that had clung to the ice, seemingly hiding from the swirly wind. The day proved bitterly cold.

But in that moment of gazing at the taunts of winter, I found myself thanking God.

Thank You, God, for the seasons You provide. Each transitions beautifully in Your perfect timing. As I tire of winter and wait anxiously for the budding of spring, Spring waits patiently for Your glorious entry command.

"He made the moon for the seasons; the sun knows the place of its setting." Psalm 104:19

Thank You, God, for the wind that blows. It reveals Your faithfulness to a sinner that is saved by grace and trusting in You alone—even when the journey ahead seems difficult.

"And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock." Matthew 7:25

Thank You, God, for the covering swirls of soft, white snow. It is a beautiful reminder of Christ’s death on the cross and through a personal relationship with Him, my sins are covered, completely forgiven, and washed as white as snow.

"Come now, and let us reason together," Says the Lord, "Though your sins are as scarlet, they will be as white as snow; though they arred like crimson, they will be like wool." Isaiah 1:18

Now it's your turn.

Thank You, God,...

No comments:

Post a Comment