Sunday, March 9, 2014

My Conversation With God

The following is a conversation I had with God this past weekend. At first, I hesitated sharing it publically because it was so personal to me. But I believe there is someone reading this right now that needs to know how important a trusting relationship with God is. When He speaks, we need to listen. And when He is silent, we only need to trust.

******************************

I went to bed Friday night around 10:30 pm. My body was tired, but my mind wouldn’t allow sleep to come. As I lay in bed, I began to mentally converse with God.

You know, God, I enjoy so much of what You continually bless me with.

My two spunky grand-boys keep me smiling. I love watching them play, listening to their rough-house giggles as they wrestle with their Gpa, and mostly, hearing them say “I love you, Gma.”

My entire family is an incredible bundle of joy. We express love for each other easily and they bless my heart in each of their quirky ways.

And my church family surpasses all others, in my books, not to mention the wonderful friends You’ve placed in my life.

So, if You don’t mind, I’d like to be around to enjoy all of these blessings a while longer. I guess, what I’m saying is…I just want to live.

And God said, The world you live in is broken. Living here on earth will bring more heartache, pain and suffering.

I know. I said.

God continued, Life in heaven is an eternity full of joy…it is the definition of perfect.

Yes, I know. I replied.

And then there was silence.

I struggled to hear that still, gentle voice again while tossing and turning in bed, but the only sound breaking the silence was the soft snore of my husband beside me.

Several minutes passed in the quiet night.

And then I prayed, Father, even if the cancer returns, no matter what, I will always praise You.

Then sleep finally came…with peace. Yes, sweet peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment