Sunday, February 2, 2014

Go Deeper! Again?

Today in church, Pastor Dave challenged us from the Word in Luke to “Go deeper” in our Christian walk. One of the questions he asked wasAre you willing to go deeper in your own walk in order to grow and mature spiritually? I had to ponder on it for awhileA part of me wanted to proclaim boldlyYes! I’m willing to step out of the boat and 'go deeper!' while another head-voice rationalizedI think through this cancer journey I’ve had my fill of deep challenges. Thanks anyway, but I’ll take the low road this time. My argument sounded fair enough, but I’m pretty sure that’s not the attitude God wants me to have. Basically, we’re talking about some real commitment and trust here.
I have a scan coming up in March. It’s the biggie…the PET scan. I’m pretty sure PET stands for “Patient Eventually is Traumatized”. (Just kidding, I have no idea what it stands for.) Regardless, I can sit around and worry about it, or I can say, Okay, God. I think I’ve learned some things along this journey, and have hopefully grown some. You have proven how trustworthy You are to me over and over again. I guess it’s time to go deeper. Let’s do this.
I actually did say this today. And in all honestly, I will probably have to say it every day for quite some time. The great thing is, I don’t have to go deeper on my own. God is already there to meet me, and in some cases, to carry me.
Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, all fear is gone.
Because I know Who holds the future.
And life is worth the living just because He lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment