Sunday, July 14, 2013

God Deals

Today I read a statement in my devotion that spoke volumes to me. It read, “God deals with man in the direction he is going.”

Monday morning I will begin chemo treatments. This will be the direction I will be going for many weeks to follow. And yes, God will be “dealing” with me. He will, and has already been dealing [and teaching] me love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control [Galatians 5:22-23a]. I hope I’m a quick learner.

Tonight, I was privileged to be surrounded by an amazing group of friends that came into our home. The Spirit of God was unquestionably in our presence as each one tenderly prayed for me. Tears fell freely and abundant praises flowed. Afterwards, one friend said, “Can we do this every week?” It was absolutely beautiful.

I covet your prayers during this amazing journey that God has chosen for me, not only for myself, but for my family as well. You are adored.

Jacque

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your journey and allowing us in a small way to walk it with you. I am praying for you and holding you in my heart. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Karen! Your prayers are an amazing way to journey along side me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May God hold you close in His arms during this battle. You are truly bathed in prayer. Find a song or hymn that speaks to your healing and play it during each dose. It helped me. I want to come by this week and bring you a few things. I'll call. I love you, soul sister. Peace and health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love a visit from you, Carol! Yes, please!!!

      Delete
  4. We just set up a new account and can now blog, thanks LA.
    You are precious to us. You are always in our prayers. Steve and Suzanne

    ReplyDelete